Sunday, April 22, 2012

Healthy Dessert!

I almost always want (need) to end my night off with something sweet. It's hard to find healthy ways of doing it! Most nights, I'm satisfied with a piece of fruit, or mixed berries and oatmeal. But sometimes, I just want to indulge!
So how do you do so without breaking the calorie bank?
Simple. Eat this:
Looks to good to be true, doesn't it? Well, believe it. This mountain of yummyness is HEALTHY.


Start by making a protein pancake. Here's the link to my blog post on it: http://angelastreats.blogspot.ca/2011/11/protein-pancakes-guiltless-dessert.html

And then LOAD ON THE TOPPINGS.
Tonight, I chose orange-vanilla yogurt mixed with a tbsp cocoa powder, mixed berries, almonds, walnuts, goji berries, cinnamon, and dark chocolate pieces.


The pancake itself is full of protein. And the toppings I chose are full of healthy fats, antioxidants, and fibre! The dark chocolate was added to satisfy my chocoholism. PLUS! 1 oz of dark chocolate a day has been proven to be good for health (and fights depression). Talk about a fantabulous dessert.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment