Sunday, October 16, 2011

OBSESSED with Peanut Butter

If you know me at all, you'll know I have an undying love for peanut butter. I don't care what I eat it with, but I HAVE to have my peanut butter fix EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'll eat it with celery, crackers, bread, bananas, oatmeal, chocolate, strawberries, or just with a spoon. It's an addiction.


Anyways, as a result of my obsession, I decided to make my own peanut butter. EASIEST. THING. EVER. I've been strongly considering boycotting Kraft and Skippy since I've made this INCREDIBLE discovery. So read on and dwell in the yummyness of life's greatest gift - PB.


Ingredients:
Peanuts
(YUP! THAT'S ALL)


1. Roast the peanuts at 375 for about 15 mins. You'll see the natural oils of the peanuts come out. (By the way, this step is optional. I just find that roasted peanuts have a much richer taste. Otherwise, continue on with the plain ol' nut).
2. Whip out that Magic Bullet (or any food processor), and throw in a handful of nuts. BLEND.
3. This may take a while, depending on how crunchy or smooth you like your PB.
4. Once the first handful reaches your desired texture, scoop it out, and swap in another handful.
5. Once you're content with the amount you've made, toss 'er into a tupperware, seal 'er up, and store.






YA, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. 
Note though, that because there aren't any preservatives, the oils will separate and chill on top of the spread once it's been stored for a while. Just give 'er a quick little stir before you slap it onto some toast, and you're golden.


If you so choose, you may like to add some other ingredients to this recipe. You could add honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, or even flaxseed! I went for the au natural though.


I honestly couldn't stop eating this as I was making it. This brings PB to a WHOLE new level. Mmmmm, my love just keeps growing.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment