Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple Spinach Dip

Prepare yourself for the easiest appetizer ever! Spinach dip!
I am a huge dipper, and love anything I can scoop up onto a cracker. So I decided to try my tricks on spinach dip.


What you'll need:
About 1 cup of cottage cheese
3 tbsp herb & garlic cream cheese
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1/4 cup Ricotta (optional)
Garlic (I used 3 cloves since I LOOOOVE garlic. But use how ever much you like)


All you need to do is defrost the spinach, cut up the garlic, throw everything into a blender, and let the blender work its magic. Just be careful of the spinach, though - it tends to get tangled in the blades of the blender.
Add some pepper, onion powder, or chili powder if you'd like.
I really wish I had bacon bits to mix into mine. That woulda taken it to a whole new level.



Serve with pitas, crackers, pretzels, or even veggies!

This is a super healthy appetizer or snack, and it's high in protein from the cottage cheese!

Try it out - this recipe is fool-proof, and allows you the opportunity to add seasonings and make it your own!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment